Fire Prevention


Please be aware that the most common causes of fire or fire alarm activations are:

1.    Cooking in student rooms – this is not permitted.

2.    Steam from kettles hitting the alarm.

3.    Wedging fire doors open while cooking in Gyp Rooms – smoke from cooking then sets off the smoke detectors in corridors.

4.    Heat and smoke from candles – use of candles is forbidden in all College properties.

5.    Illegal smoking anywhere in the College whether in rooms or in corridors can set of the alarms – smoking is forbidden in all College properties.

6.    Smoke or sparks caused by the overloading of electrical circuits by operating too many electrical appliances and using too many adaptors.

7.    The use of aerosols near smoke detectors.

  • Previous page
  • Next page
Close menu
Site navigation mobile menu