UK Immigration and Visas

All overseas students (except nationals of EEA countries and Switzerland) must report to the Deanery Office within seven days of their expected arrival and provide their original passport and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) or visa for scanning onto CamSIS.  We must hold a copy of the student’s passport, BRP or UK immigration status document.  If any document is replaced or amended, we must hold the new version.

The Deanery runs termly reports of attendance, and you must come and sign the register each term as soon as such a request is made.  Failure to do so will be reported to the UK Visas and Immigration and may well lead to the withdrawal of your visa, student status and permission to remain in the UK.

Students on certain one-year courses are exempt from the termly signing-in, but must still keep up-to-date UK contact details (address and phone number) on their CamSIS self-service account.

The International Student Office provides specialist support to the University and Colleges to ensure compliance with student immigration legislation and has responsibility for the University’s Tier 4 sponsorship of its overseas students.  The Office issues a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to all students applying for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa.  Under the terms of the Tier 4 licence, the Office also reports any changes to a student’s circumstance to the UK Border Agency.  Much of the information about Tier 4 is available from the webpages located at  The office is open Monday to Friday, 09:00am – 17:00pm, and can be contacted using:

  • Previous page
  • Next page
Close menu
Site navigation mobile menu