Reporting a maintenance fault or repair
Any emergencies should be reported by calling the Porters’ Lodge immediately.
Please report any other faults or maintenance issues in your accommodation by:
- filling out a maintenance request slip in the Porters’ Lodge and placing it in the Maintenance pigeonhole;
- calling the Porters’ Lodge on: 01223 (3) 35660 or Maintenance on: 01223 (3) 35688 (Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm); or
- Emailing the Maintenance Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housekeeping issues should be reported using the book in the Porters’ Lodge. Alternatively the College Housekeeping team may be contacted by telephone on: 01223 (3) 35686 or by email.
– Emergency issues are responded to immediately, and usually handled within the hour.
– Urgent repairs are normally dealt with within 12 hours, except at the weekend when they may take up to 48 hours.
– Non-urgent repairs will be assessed within 48 hours and will be resolved within 14 days.
If for any reason a room becomes uninhabitable due to the issue, or due to the disturbance caused by the repair, alternative accommodation will be offered either temporarily or permanently at the same rate as the original accommodation.
If the Maintenance team need to carry out repairs in your room, they will aim to let you know at least 24 hours in advance, except when an emergency issue requires immediate entry. Records are kept as to when any room has been entered, the work that has been carried out, and whether further access will be needed.
Any complaints about outstanding or ineffective repairs may be made in the first place to the Accommodation Office, who may then escalate the issue to the Head of Domestic Operations.